Friday, January 4, 2008

How Sweet It Is!

Back in December, when I decided to start blogging for Mike Huckabee, I made my first contribution to his campaign. At that time, I considered signing on as a Ranger and raising money for him. After all, I had been watching his campaign for some time and reading his site regularly. Still, I wasn't quite ready to give up my treasured independent status. I finally decided to take the plunge on the morning of the Iowa caucuses.

The deciding factor for me was my long held position that we should stand up to be counted for the things we believe. So I signed on as a Ranger and started trying to raise contributions.

On January 3, the short term fund raising goal was to reach $200,000 by midnight tonight, January 4. Well that goal was reached the first day. Shortly after midnight, I posted a suggestion that we should increase the goal ... and we did. The new goal is $1,000,000 by January 10. I'm lobbying friends to help us reach that goal. It looks really good ... we are at almost $400,000 now. Every time I click refresh, the counter goes up and up.

How sweet it is!

Update: Saturday, 12 Midnight
We are just under $600,000 ... it's been a great day.

No comments: