Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Change is Just Nickels and Dimes

I'm getting tired of the candidates who talk about change with no clear understanding of the kind of change we want. Barak Obama talks about hope without telling us clearly what we should hope he will do. Mitt Romney is so far removed from the life most of us live that he doesn't have a clue. I like John McCain and don't question his integrity, but don't see him getting the kind of support he will need to take the nomination, let alone win the election.

I think Mike Huckabee is the only one who understands that we are just plain tired of demagoguery and want a candidate who will stand up and be counted. I don't agree 100% with all of his positions, but he has identified all the areas where I am concerned and is addressing them. Moreover, he has shown that he can work across party lines to get things done.

I don't put a lot of faith in polls, but they do reflect trends ... and they are showing more and more that we like Mike!

No comments: