Friday, April 11, 2008

In Spite Of ...

So in spite of my resolution to keep this blog active and speak out on issues I found important, I have been silent for a month. Credit my apathy to disappointment that Mike Huckabee did not prevail in the March primaries and my total lack of enthusiasm for any of the remaining candidates. I have written extensively at dei about why I don't feel we should support candidates who are current office holders. Clinton, McCain and Obama have all neglected their current positions to run for president. They have abused the trust of their constituents and are not deserving of higher office. See Luke 16.10 "He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much."

I have been participating sporadically at F3 Coalition. There are some active conversations on the discussion boards right now. But my experience with discussion boards leads me to hold back from getting heavily involved. I say "yes" to supporting the aims of the group while saying "no" to spending time on the discussion board. It is too easy to expend all your energy in discussion and not have any left for action. I've been there and done that, I guess.

I was excited to be invited to Steve Strang's conference call with Mike Huckabee last night. I was frustrated that I could not actually get into the call. I was able to connect, but there was a problem with the lines and only the first number was working. That was quickly overwhelmed as over 6,000 people tried to connect with the call. I really appreciated the prompt sending of a link to listen to a recording of the call. It was good to hear Mike's perspective on where we are in the election process.

No comments: