Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tickle Me Obama

As I watched the three major candidates speak last night, I was surprised at my reactions. I couldn't help but applaud the courage and determination of Hillary Clinton, who has been under intense pressure in recent weeks but has demonstrated a surprising level of courage and strength.

I thought John McCain's speech was excellent ... who knew he had it in him? The venue and staging left something to be desired, but John was good.

And then there was Obama. Outside of all the unfairness and political positioning I see with him, there is still a sense of unease. He is the unknown quantity. We don't really know what he is because his speeches are all about hope and little about how. As I listened to him, the following lines kept echoing in my head. I pray that they are not prophetic.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths. 2 Timothy 4.3-4

No comments: